Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Color Challenge - Santa Fe #1

I have a tendency to find four or five colors I love and ignore the other forty gorgeous colors available through Stampin' Up!. Well no more, says I! As a result of that declaration I've decided to do a weekly color challenge. Oh, and I'm not planning on doing these alone (hint, hint). :0)

This week's challenge comes from Santa Fe, New Mexico, where my sister recently got married. I took a ton of beautiful, color-rich pictures so it's likely this won't be the last time we have a Santa Fe Color Challenge.

Here's the picture I took of the sign for the Bed & Breakfast, Hacienda Dona Andrea de Santa Fe, where we stayed (most comfortable beds ever!) and the location of the ceremony (so picturesque!):


See all of those wonderful colors?!

Here's my result...and this was difficult for me. First of all, I wouldn't have put these four colors together, and I usually like to work with just three colors instead of four (yes, I can be kind of picky). But I'm so happy with how it turned out!


I used Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Peach Parfait Patterns Designer Series Paper, Pear Pizazz and Night of Navy. The stamp set, Watercolor Trio, is from the Summer Mini-Catalog (last day to order is August 31st). I've fallen in love with this stamp set - this one is actually my mom's, but I had to borrow it when it arrived here this afternoon. Now I'm convinced I need one of my own!

If you have questions or would like to order the supplies for this project, email me at love22stamp@gmail.com or shop online here.

Now it's your turn! Email me your creations for this color challenge, and I'll post them next Wednesday. One lucky challenger will win a special treat.

Have a great day!

No comments: